How to save Profile in nTune?

EricT

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Hi folks. I got nTune running last night to O/C my 7600GT. So far I went from 560/700 stock up to 600/720 with no problems. That increased by 3DMark 06 score by about 300 points.

Unfortunately, when I restarted my system, the timings went back to normal. I saw an option to load a profile at startup, but I could not find ANYWHERE how to actually SAVE the profile. Can anyone help me out here?

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Does coolbits display the memory clock at 4 times the effective? That is what it seems to do for me, I don't have any problems but...

Well when I use Rivatuner to overclock Rivatuner sets the memory clock to half the speed I was using it at (e.g 2100Mhz will move to 1050Mhz after reboot)

It also shows it at half the memory speed it was in Coolbits so is this a problem?

There is an error message that shows when I go to the clocks page on Riva that pops up every so often (it isn't happening now so when it does happen I'll edit this post)

"Warning Startup settings you've made may prevent the driver from restoring desired memory clock after reboot. Do you want to correct it now?" Then there is a prompt for yes or no.

Ill start to OC my video card higher (BFG 6800GS AGP OC pipes unlocked 256 Mb) after I receive my Corsair HX520W PSU and slip it into my new Antec 900 case until I get the money for newer parts.

EricT

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
OK guys, I figured it out.

The problem is that the Coolbits guide doesn't tell you that THE NEW NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO SAVE PROFILES OR CHECK THE "LOAD THESE SETTINGS AT STARTUP" BOX. (my caps lock wasn't on, I was trying to yell because this really annoyed me).

So the only way to do it is to go to the "Classic" interface in the nVIDIA control panel, then this option is enabled. Too bad, because the new interface has a really nice monitoring window with temp graphs and everything.