GP - Redirected Folders

Question about Redirected Folders, in particular, the Desktop folder.

A set of users uses two different types of machine. The users and different machine types are properly segregated into different OUs and security groups. I am looking for the users to have a different set of redirected folders depending on which of the two types of machine they have logged on to.

Is this possible using bog-standard GPO technology? Both the AD and machines are Windows 2000 so there is no WMI filtering available.

I have browsed around the usual repositories of knowledge and searched the newsgroup but so far have not come up with a suitable answer.

Any advice gratefully received.

Dean

Dean-

You can certainly do this. You'll need to set the setting in a GPO for each
OU, and then enable loopback processing on the GPO. Loopback processing
enables user settings to be applied based on the computer a user logs into.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com