GP - Redirected Folders

Question about Redirected Folders, in particular, the Desktop folder.

A set of users uses two different types of machine. The users and different machine types are properly segregated into different OUs and security groups. I am looking for the users to have a different set of redirected folders depending on which of the two types of machine they have logged on to.

Is this possible using bog-standard GPO technology? Both the AD and machines are Windows 2000 so there is no WMI filtering available.

I have browsed around the usual repositories of knowledge and searched the newsgroup but so far have not come up with a suitable answer.

Any advice gratefully received.

Dean
1 answer Last reply
More about redirected folders

    Dean-

    You can certainly do this. You'll need to set the setting in a GPO for each
    OU, and then enable loopback processing on the GPO. Loopback processing
    enables user settings to be applied based on the computer a user logs into.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "Dean Shears" <Dean Shears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Question about Redirected Folders, in particular, the Desktop folder.
    >
    > A set of users uses two different types of machine. The users and
    different machine types are properly segregated into different OUs and
    security groups. I am looking for the users to have a different set of
    redirected folders depending on which of the two types of machine they have
    logged on to.

    > Is this possible using bog-standard GPO technology? Both the AD and
    machines are Windows 2000 so there is no WMI filtering available.

    > I have browsed around the usual repositories of knowledge and searched the
    newsgroup but so far have not come up with a suitable answer.

    > Any advice gratefully received.
    >
    > Dean

Windows