AGDLP and group policy

Hi again Guys,

I know the usual setup for groups and permissions is Accounts into Globals
into Domain Local and permissions.

I've created a Project 2003 DL group and assigned that to a GPO for software
distribution (Project 2k3 of course).
For example, added the I.T. Departments GG to the DL which contains my
account, but using the GPMC the GPO is being blocked by the filtering.

Am i doing this wrong? Do i have to be contained in the groups directly to
filter?

Thanks

James
MCSE Win2k

creating groups by applying AG DL P process
create domain local security group by name sales_data_r
start-programs- admin tool- active directory users and computers-right click the folder in which you want to create the group select new menu and choose group a new object group dialog box gets displayed-enter sales_data_R beside group name option-domain local -security-ok