disk check

While starting windows, the routine CHKDSK starts and does not complete.
I can only continue with a restart and GOBACK for a n older version of the
system.
Mostly the last one version is sufficient.
1 answer Last reply
More about disk check

    Hi,

    If you are able to get an older version to boot, then start/run cmd and then
    run "chkntfs /d" to stop this annoying behavior. If not, then boot the WinXP
    CD and load the Recovery Console. Run "chkdsk C: /r" from the prompt.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "RGrablowitz" <RGrablowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > While starting windows, the routine CHKDSK starts and does not complete.
    > I can only continue with a restart and GOBACK for a n older version of the
    > system.
    > Mostly the last one version is sufficient.

Chkdsk Microsoft Windows XP