disk check

February 9, 2005 10:57:08 AM

While starting windows, the routine CHKDSK starts and does not complete.
I can only continue with a restart and GOBACK for a n older version of the
system.
Mostly the last one version is sufficient.

More about : disk check

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 11:38:24 PM

Hi,

If you are able to get an older version to boot, then start/run cmd and then
run "chkntfs /d" to stop this annoying behavior. If not, then boot the WinXP
CD and load the Recovery Console. Run "chkdsk C: /r" from the prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone