Home drive mapping (H:) on win2k pro

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I read somewhere that win 2k pro can not map H: for some
reason, and I am having the problem with all my 2k users.
Does anyone know why 2k can't map H: ?

Never heard that. I have all my Win 2k pro computers mapped to an "H" drive.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
"Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I read somewhere that win 2k pro can not map H: for some
> reason, and I am having the problem with all my 2k users.
> Does anyone know why 2k can't map H: ?

Via a logon script?

Is this what you are looking for?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308580&Product=winxp

> Via a logon script?

Jason,

In many of the environments that I help to manage the users have their home
folder mapped to the H: as part of their profile. that is to say, that if
you open up the ADUC MMC and go to a user account object and open it up go
to the Profiles tab and at the middle ( bottom ) there is the home folder
area. We have it set to the letter H: and the path is usually
\\server\users\%username% and we have absolutely no problems whatsoever.....

HTH,

Cary