I need your UNIQUE case suggestions

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for some truely uniquely designed prebuilt cases, stuff that doesn't look like your standard tower, desktop, or cube. Lian Li's Memorial gets the nod from its unique shape, as does Thermaltak's Mozart TX, but I'm looking for something even more unique.

MORE UNIQUE! This will be difficult for a few of you brand fans, because I'll probably tear you appart for recommending a high-quality very nice TRADITIONAL case. I'm looking for completely non-traditional suggestions.

Is there anyone who's not affraid to help?

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
There were some cases that were show cased at CES but my advice would be for you to mod or build your own if you are that serious about unique. Even if you found something unique now, in around a year 10,000 other people will have it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There were some cases that were show cased at CES but my advice would be for you to mod or build your own if you are that serious about unique.

That would provide me with a TRADITIONAL case with a bunch of holes and trash glued to it.

Even if you found something unique now, in around a year 10,000 other people will have it.

That's just what I'm looking for. Your suggestions?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, my post shot so far over your head that I had to edit the first sentence. I'm looking for prebuilt cases that are unique in the industry. That means unique compared to other prebuilt cases. Let's see if I can put this to you gently: I mentioned a couple unique prebuilt case designs, and you diverted to a nice homemade wooden case an a poorly cut briefcase-style homemade case.

So which AVAILABLE PREBUILT stands out from other AVAILABLE PREBUILT'S as visually unique to that model?

John_C

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
LOL. I just remembered those threads off the top of my head and how often am I going to get to reference them? :lol: One thing is for certain though, they are... unique. Besides, you already mentioned the memorial. That's about as far out as I know of. *shrug*

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
Wow, my post shot so far over your head that I had to edit the first sentence. I'm looking for prebuilt cases that are unique in the industry. That means unique compared to other prebuilt cases. Let's see if I can put this to you gently: I mentioned a couple unique prebuilt case designs, and you diverted to a nice homemade wooden case an a poorly cut briefcase-style homemade case.

So which AVAILABLE PREBUILT stands out from other AVAILABLE PREBUILT'S as visually unique to that model?

Being a jerk won't help you get more/better replies.... he was just trying to be helpful.

John_C

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
Hello Featherstone!

I warned everyone that I'd be a jerk to OT suggestions, so which unique designs do you know about?

Actually you just warned people that you'd tear apart ideas that were too traditional. At least I had the good sense to err in the other direction. But technically, I wasn't warned. Perhaps it is because I tend to work with a lot of New Yorkers, but I didn't even take your comments as being jerk-like. But now that you've clarified that it was your intention, perhaps this would be a good time to point out that "appart" typically has but one p and "affraid" normally has but one f. :wink:

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
All of those seem pretty traditional to me. I think he's looking for something like...

"What the heck is that??"

"Oh, that's my new computer..."

"that's a computer? It looks more like a ... than a computer!"

"yeah, pretty cool huh?"

As far as retail cases go, I think you're out of luck. There isn't really anthing more unique than a case with a big "transformer" on the front or a tiny cube shaped MiniATX. If your want more unique than that, I think you have to build your own.

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
All of those seem pretty traditional to me. I think he's looking for something like...

"yeah, pretty cool huh?"

As far as retail cases go, I think you're out of luck. There isn't really anthing more unique than a case with a big "transformer" on the front or a tiny cube shaped MiniATX. If your want more unique than that, I think you have to build your own.

i thought by unique he meant ugly. so i found ugly cases.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

"yeah, pretty cool huh?"

You're right! Of course I made an exception for the Lian Li Memorial because you actually look twice before realizing it's a computer, and the Thermaltake Mozart TX because it looks more like some kind of weird mini-server than a PC, but I was using those as the minimum requirement.

Thanks for the clarification.

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2231999&CatId=0

yeah, you have to buy the whole barebone kit, but it's unique...

edit...
my personal favorite "unique case"

beer_pc.jpg

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
well, i guess you'd appreciate this...

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005/10/19/wmd_g-gnome/1.html

Great concept and certainly looks less like a cardboard package than the octagonal case available retail, but I'm more interested in the X-Shaped enclosure.

At a minimum, the octagonal enclosure should have a finish that shows its metalic nature.