Message Text For Users Attempting to Logon Being Truncated

Hi all - We have a Windows 2000 based domain with (until recently) all
Win2k Servers and Win2K Pro clients. Recently we added several Win Xp
machines to the mix and modified group policy for them. Our Message
Text for Users Attempting to Logon is set in our Domain GPO. Recently
this message has been getting cutoff for several machines (truncated).
When I look at a machines local security policy, it shows the whole
text passed down from the domain. GPresults also says that's its
getting the domain policy. Any thought on why the message is
truncated?

Hello,

There is a hotfix for this issue. It is described in the following article
823146 Windows 2000 Clients Do Not Correctly Display Logon Banners That Are
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823146
Please contact Microsoft Support to receive the hotfix.

Please Reply Only to The Newsgroup

Thank You,

LaNae Ford
Support Engineer - MCSE