Disable Help

Barry

Does anyone know how I can disable the help on the start
menu and also the help menu in Internet Explorer?

The reason I want to disable it is because its posible
for the user to gain access to Internet Options through
help/options/internet options via the help even though
Ive disabled Internet OPtions from within Internet
Explorer's Tools/Internet Options
Ive tried changing the security settings on winhlp32.exe
but that dosnt seem to work. I would prefer to remove
help completely from Start Menu and Internet Explorer.
Does anyone know how I can do this?

1. Open AD, right click on the Folder of the Group that
you want to change their acccess.

2. Click Properties

3. Open the Group policy Tab

4. Highlight the Group

5. Click edit

6. Go to user config\administrative templates \start
menu & taskbar

7. Enable "Remove Help from start menu"

-Dexter

Barry

I actually need to do this on PC's that are not attached
to a domain, they are standalone PC's so I need it to be
disabled localy not through Group Policies.

Barry

I figured out that you just need to remove Ntfs
permissions on the file \WINNT\Help\Windows.chm for the
specific user.
You get an error message but at least it works.
For Internet Explorer its \WINNT\Help\Iexplore.chm
Its neater in Internet explorer because you dont get any
error message the help just dosnt open.