  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 3, 2004 6:07:30 AM

I need to use poledit to create config.pol files on
Win2k, problem is when I build a PC with Win2k the
Directory C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\repl\Local\Scripts where
Config.pol sits dosnt exist, if I try creating the
directories myself within SYSTEM32 and place the
config.pol file in it the when the PC boots its dosnt
pick up the restrictions that I placed when creating the
Config.pol file with poledit. The PC's are stand alone
PC's so they havnt been added to a domain, thats why im
using poledit and not Group policies plus there seems to
be better restrictions offered with poledit, it can place
better restrictions and I can place the restrictions on a
user/group basis.
What am I doing wrong why isnt config.pol file being
picked up by the user logins and why dont the directories
exist?

More about : config pol

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 12:58:39 PM

You should be using the Local Security Policy for the Win2k boxes. Poledit
is for down level clients. Check out the following...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274478&Product=win2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318753&Product=win2000

--
Scott Harding