Bowman creation

I want to specialize in Bow and Arrow. Does that mean that I best pick the
Ranger class? I was told that Fighters also have good Bow and Arrow
capabilities? Also, what race, stats, feats, skills should be chosen so that
I can kick ass with Bow?

moo
6 answers Last reply
More about bowman creation

    "Moo" <.@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > I want to specialize in Bow and Arrow. Does that mean that I best pick the
    > Ranger class? I was told that Fighters also have good Bow and Arrow
    > capabilities? Also, what race, stats, feats, skills should be chosen so
    that
    > I can kick ass with Bow?
    >

    > moo

    If you have the expansion paks you might consider the Arcane Archer. Or you
    could download the Consortium PRC pack and take the Archer class. I'm
    currently doing the HotU campaign with a 5/11/2 fighter/archer/rogue and the
    mixture is one of the best I've played.

    Windigo

    Moo wrote:

    > I want to specialize in Bow and Arrow. Does that mean that I best pick the
    > Ranger class?

    Rangers have no particular bow abilities--indeed, as one of their class
    abilities is dual-wielding, they're pushed rather away from it.

    Which class do you want to play for other capabilities? If you have the
    Shadows of Undrentide expansion, I'd definitely advise playing an elf,
    and either playing a bard or taking a single level of wizard later so
    you can take the Arcane Archer prestige class. Other than that,
    fighter, paladin, or rogue are good classes for a character who is
    primarily a bow-fighter, imo.

    > I was told that Fighters also have good Bow and Arrow
    > capabilities? Also, what race, stats, feats, skills should be chosen so that
    > I can kick ass with Bow?

    If you're planning on becoming an Arcane Archer, elf. Otherwise, your
    race doesn't matter as long as it's a Medium race (not gnome or
    halfling). Lots of Dexterity. None of your skills will really relate.
    Feats should be pretty obvious (hint: Point Blank Shot has more to do
    with bow-wielding than Artist does).

    I have the Shadows of Undrentide expansion and am playing an elf. He is a
    fighter/wizzard - able to cast 1st level spells. He has weapon focus
    (longbow) and point blank shot feats required for Arcane archer. I dont know
    about the Base attack conus +6, how do i check this? Otherwise i have
    everything that should be neeed to become Arcane archer...but when i level
    up i can not. Does my level have anything to do with it? (I made a new
    character and advanced him to level 3 to check out Arcane archer)

    why won't it work?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    The problem is the BAB req.

    You will need to be at least level 7 due to your having a level of mage.

    Check your manusl. The appendices at the back have the tables that show
    what your BAB is simply add the BAB for your classes together eg you
    have a lvl 3 character so lvl 1 mage (0) + lvl 2 fighter (2) = BAB 2

    Kharsis

    Moo wrote:
    > I have the Shadows of Undrentide expansion and am playing an elf. He is a
    > fighter/wizzard - able to cast 1st level spells. He has weapon focus
    > (longbow) and point blank shot feats required for Arcane archer. I dont know
    > about the Base attack conus +6, how do i check this? Otherwise i have
    > everything that should be neeed to become Arcane archer...but when i level
    > up i can not. Does my level have anything to do with it? (I made a new
    > character and advanced him to level 3 to check out Arcane archer)
    >
    > why won't it work?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Kharsis wrote:
    > The problem is the BAB req.
    >
    > You will need to be at least level 7 due to your having a level of mage.
    >
    > Check your manusl. The appendices at the back have the tables that show
    > what your BAB is simply add the BAB for your classes together eg you
    > have a lvl 3 character so lvl 1 mage (0) + lvl 2 fighter (2) = BAB 2

    You can also view your BAB on your character sheet in-game. It's listed
    down near the middle of your stats, near your alignment.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    Kish wrote:
    > Moo wrote:

    > Rangers have no particular bow abilities--indeed, as one of their class
    > abilities is dual-wielding, they're pushed rather away from it.

    Except that dual-wielding works best with light weapons, encouraging
    rangers to take Weapon Finesse, which along with a ranger's
    Dexterity-based skills, encourages rangers to emphasize their Dexterity
    stat, making them good archers. However, they don't have any special
    skills with the bow, per se.

    I'd suggest starting with an elven bard, and working towards an Arcane
    Archer.

Games Video Games