Which is the better chipset RD600 or 680i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baer

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
You are saying that crossfire is preferable to you right?
Right now with DX10 out next week that is not the case for many of us. RD600 is still vaporware!

gorforg

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2006
You are saying that crossfire is preferable to you right?
Right now with DX10 out next week that is not the case for many of us. RD600 is still vaporware!

It hasnt been vaporware for over a week.
I ordered a rd600 from newegg yesterday. Its due to arrive on monday.
I would like to beleive I chose the best option

Baer

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
OK, this thread asks which is better, not what is available. All any of us can do is give our opinion.
My opinion is, as of today, that anything Intel and anything NVIDIA is better than AMD and/or ATI. The Conroe deritives and the DX10 series of graphics cards leave AMD and ATI in the dust.
That is as of today, my opinion. We will see if that changes in sixmonths but as of today, no contest! IMHO you understand.

alphakp295

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
i guess some of u who replied misunderstood....
he's asking mobo not gpu comparison...

here's my thought...
RD600 offers great"possible"feature... ATI physics
yet 680i offers full x16 x16 SLi feature,
although 16x don't impact much of performance difference from x8.

also,
680i = many mobo companies make it
RD600 = DFI ICFX3200D is only choice

i believe both overclocks well and stable as rock also.
i guess it depends on your preference

i liked sli since most of companies support nvidia rather than ati;
i own a raden x1900xtx...
so i am getting rd600 as soon as e4300 drops it's price to less than e6300.

if u got an ati card, u might want to have rd600 and see what will happend with ati physics.

Baer

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
Agia showed a new PCI-e physica card at CES. ATI is a step behind.
I hope that AMD does not screw them up as we all need the competition but I do think that AMD will not be supporting updates for Intel chipsets therefore if toy are going intel for now the RD600 may be a dead end. Again, the 680i is the better choice at least based on what we know right now.

gorforg

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2006
A deciding factor is that DFI is an excellent choice for quality. 'The LanParty line is well made with top notch components. They are not cheap, but if the same board was made by asus it would be considerably more costly.

Baer

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I agree, at this time there is absolutly no justification to go anything AMD/ATI, yes that might change eventually.
After doing a lot of research and testing I am building my next series of rigs using the 965. I chose that over the 975 because of the southbridge(ICH8R). I have just fired up the first one using an Asus Commando MB. So far I am very impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.