Local accounts being locked out

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 5, 2004 2:39:11 PM

Hi,

My GP has password requirements and passwrord change
every 60 days enforced. Local accounts on windows 2000 Pro
workstations are getting locked out. Does anyone know why
this is happening?

Thanks,

Tom

More about : local accounts locked

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:21:54 PM

You did not mention if you have account lockout policies configured. Have
you?

You might also want to read following MSKB article as it may be relevant:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 264678
Increased account lockout frequency in a Windows 2000 domain:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264678

hth,
Al.

"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My GP has password requirements and passwrord change
> every 60 days enforced. Local accounts on windows 2000 Pro
> workstations are getting locked out. Does anyone know why
> this is happening?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 3:33:40 PM

Excellent site for understanding why account lockouts occur, what Microsoft
recommends for account lockouts settings, and how to troubleshoot account
lockouts when they occur.
Account Passwords and Policies
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
security/bpactlck.mspx