  • Computers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 5, 2004 4:02:34 PM

Hello.....

I hace a group policy I've setup that works for my organization.
Under User Config there are a number of setings for I.E. and other things
that I'd like to have set on a computer wide level and not just in the user
config area.

For example... there are some setting in the user config like, "show logoff
on start menu"
I'd like that to be a computer config so i can set it to a group of
computers and not a group of users.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks!
Sean

More about : user config computer config

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:37:13 PM

Hello,

You can turn on "User Group Policy loopback processing mode" This policy
setting will allow you to apply user settings to computers. The articles
listed below talk about this in more detail.

231287 Loopback Processing of Group Policy
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287

278295 How to Lock Down a Windows 2000 Terminal Server Session
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278295

Please Reply Only to The Newsgroup

Thank You,

LaNae Ford
Support Engineer - MCSE
Directory Service Support

"Sean B" <sbranam@coronado(dot)k12(dot)ca(dot)us> wrote in message
> Hello.....
>
> I hace a group policy I've setup that works for my organization.
> Under User Config there are a number of setings for I.E. and other things
> that I'd like to have set on a computer wide level and not just in the
> user
> config area.
>
> For example... there are some setting in the user config like, "show
> logoff
> on start menu"
> I'd like that to be a computer config so i can set it to a group of
> computers and not a group of users.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> thanks!
> Sean

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:37:14 PM

thanks.
I tried it but I'm not seeing any changes.
I know the GPO works if i place it in the OU for my test user, but if I
remove it and place it in the OU for the computers and enable that User
Group policy loopback, it doesn't seem to take.

Any ideas? or ways I can troubleshoot this?

thanks again!

!