User Config and Computer Config

Hello.....

I hace a group policy I've setup that works for my organization.
Under User Config there are a number of setings for I.E. and other things
that I'd like to have set on a computer wide level and not just in the user
config area.

For example... there are some setting in the user config like, "show logoff
on start menu"
I'd like that to be a computer config so i can set it to a group of
computers and not a group of users.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks!
Sean
2 answers Last reply
More about user config computer config

    Hello,

    You can turn on "User Group Policy loopback processing mode" This policy
    setting will allow you to apply user settings to computers. The articles
    listed below talk about this in more detail.

    231287 Loopback Processing of Group Policy
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287

    278295 How to Lock Down a Windows 2000 Terminal Server Session
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278295

    Please Reply Only to The Newsgroup

    Thank You,

    LaNae Ford
    Support Engineer - MCSE
    Directory Service Support

    "Sean B" <sbranam@coronado(dot)k12(dot)ca(dot)us> wrote in message
    > Hello.....
    >
    > I hace a group policy I've setup that works for my organization.
    > Under User Config there are a number of setings for I.E. and other things
    > that I'd like to have set on a computer wide level and not just in the
    > user
    > config area.
    >
    > For example... there are some setting in the user config like, "show
    > logoff
    > on start menu"
    > I'd like that to be a computer config so i can set it to a group of
    > computers and not a group of users.
    >
    > Is there a way to do this?
    >
    > thanks!
    > Sean

    thanks.
    I tried it but I'm not seeing any changes.
    I know the GPO works if i place it in the OU for my test user, but if I
    remove it and place it in the OU for the computers and enable that User
    Group policy loopback, it doesn't seem to take.

    Any ideas? or ways I can troubleshoot this?

    thanks again!

    "LaNae Ford [MSFT]" <lanaef@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > You can turn on "User Group Policy loopback processing mode" This policy
    > setting will allow you to apply user settings to computers. The articles
    > listed below talk about this in more detail.
    >

    > 231287 Loopback Processing of Group Policy
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287
    >
    > 278295 How to Lock Down a Windows 2000 Terminal Server Session
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278295
    >
    > Please Reply Only to The Newsgroup
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > LaNae Ford
    > Support Engineer - MCSE
    > Directory Service Support
    >
    > "Sean B" <sbranam@coronado(dot)k12(dot)ca(dot)us> wrote in message
    > > Hello.....
    > >
    > > I hace a group policy I've setup that works for my organization.
    > > Under User Config there are a number of setings for I.E. and other
    things
    > > that I'd like to have set on a computer wide level and not just in the
    > > user
    > > config area.
    > >
    > > For example... there are some setting in the user config like, "show
    > > logoff
    > > on start menu"
    > > I'd like that to be a computer config so i can set it to a group of
    > > computers and not a group of users.
    > >
    > > Is there a way to do this?
    > >
    > > thanks!
    > > Sean