locking down mapped drives

Paul

Splendid

I have a group of computers that need to be locked down, and I mean lockaed
down. I have most of the setting configured in GP for and OU of accounts.

The workstations need to have a couple of maped drives but I don't want the
users to browse the maped drives. Can this be done through GP of only
through NTFS permissions.

Also...

Is there a setting in GP to keep users from using Internet Explorer to
browse local compter. IE needs to be used for only web browsing.

Thanks in advanced.

Paul

Paul wrote:
> I have a group of computers that need to be locked down, and I mean lockaed
> down. I have most of the setting configured in GP for and OU of accounts.
>
> The workstations need to have a couple of maped drives but I don't want the
> users to browse the maped drives. Can this be done through GP of only
> through NTFS permissions.
>
> Also...
>
> Is there a setting in GP to keep users from using Internet Explorer to
> browse local compter. IE needs to be used for only web browsing.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
Hi

Hide Drives in My Computer
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gp/239.asp

and maybe:

Prevent access to drives from My Computer
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gp/340.asp

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: