Daylight Savings Time

We are running into a problem where the Daylight Savings Time is not getting
set correctly on our Windows XP computers. We have a Windows 2000 domain
and all Windows 2000 workstations are getting the Daylight Savings
Setting(the box is checked), but the Windows XP computers are not.

Does anybody know if there is a way to change this in Group Policy? We
would like to enforce the setting without having to visit every computer.

Thanks,
Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about daylight savings time

    Christopher Maloney wrote:

    > We are running into a problem where the Daylight Savings Time is not getting
    > set correctly on our Windows XP computers. We have a Windows 2000 domain
    > and all Windows 2000 workstations are getting the Daylight Savings
    > Setting(the box is checked), but the Windows XP computers are not.
    >
    > Does anybody know if there is a way to change this in Group Policy? We
    > would like to enforce the setting without having to visit every computer.
    Hi

    You can run timezone.exe from the Resource Kit in e.g. a computer
    startup script that runs as part of the boot up process (before the
    user logs in). It runs under the system context and has admin rights.

    Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en

    (The kit will install on WinXP or later and you can copy only
    needed files to other computers)

    To be able to access files (e.g. timezone.exe) over the network from the
    computer startup script, you could put the file(s) on a network share
    and grant read access for the AD group "Domain Computers" to the share.

    Alternatively, from the startup script, you could map a drive on
    the fly, like this (VBScript example):

    sDomainUser = "arp.corp\computer_fix"
    sPswd = "something"

    Set oNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")

    oNetwork.MapNetworkDrive _
    "Y:", "\\server\netlogon\some folder",, sDomainUser, sPswd

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Policy Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows