Admin and Local users please help!

Right this is a really stupid question. I have a stand
alone pc which is not connected to the network, what i am
trying to do is lock down just the users of the machine
not admins but everytime i change group policies the
changes i made happen to the admin account to why is this
and how can i stop this?

Never a stupid question!

When using Local Group Policy by default the changes apply to ALL users on that
computer which you are obviously experiencing. See the links below on a couple of
work arounds with the second link the one I would try first. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q293655&
http://www.jsiinc.com/sube/tip2400/rh2492.htm

"Daniel Allen" <dallen@harrow.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Right this is a really stupid question. I have a stand
> alone pc which is not connected to the network, what i am
> trying to do is lock down just the users of the machine
> not admins but everytime i change group policies the
> changes i made happen to the admin account to why is this
> and how can i stop this?

TRENDING THREADS