Offline Files preventing idle hibernation when "online"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

My HP Pavilion dv1000 hibernates fine manually, but
when Offline Files are connected/online, it won't
hibernate at "5 minutes" like it's set for in Power
Management, unless Offline Files are disabled... Any suggestions /
secrets / settings to allow my Hibernate to function
properly and reliably for the intended purpose (saving
my battery).

Thanks!
-B

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

How interesting! More info, please.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"WildIrish" <wildirishtiming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My HP Pavilion dv1000 hibernates fine manually, but
> when Offline Files are connected/online, it won't
> hibernate at "5 minutes" like it's set for in Power
> Management, unless Offline Files are disabled... Any suggestions /
> secrets / settings to allow my Hibernate to function
> properly and reliably for the intended purpose (saving
> my battery).
>
> Thanks!
> -B

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

More info? That's it. No other symptoms to give you. I just need a
solution now. Offline Files apparently inhibits windows ability to
detect an idle state.... solution?

~Brendan
MCSE