Offline Files preventing idle hibernation when "online"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

My HP Pavilion dv1000 hibernates fine manually, but
when Offline Files are connected/online, it won't
hibernate at "5 minutes" like it's set for in Power
Management, unless Offline Files are disabled... Any suggestions /
secrets / settings to allow my Hibernate to function
properly and reliably for the intended purpose (saving
my battery).

Thanks!
-B
2 answers Last reply
More about offline files preventing idle hibernation online
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    How interesting! More info, please.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "WildIrish" <wildirishtiming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My HP Pavilion dv1000 hibernates fine manually, but
    > when Offline Files are connected/online, it won't
    > hibernate at "5 minutes" like it's set for in Power
    > Management, unless Offline Files are disabled... Any suggestions /
    > secrets / settings to allow my Hibernate to function
    > properly and reliably for the intended purpose (saving
    > my battery).
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -B

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    More info? That's it. No other symptoms to give you. I just need a
    solution now. Offline Files apparently inhibits windows ability to
    detect an idle state.... solution?

    ~Brendan
    MCSE

Hibernation Hibernate Microsoft Windows XP