Windows default ring tone

a b α HP
April 15, 2005 12:10:24 AM

I have a Tmobile HP IPAQ 6315 with an updated ROM. The updated ROM is a
dramatic improvement to what was a very frustrating device.

I am only having one problem with it. The ring tone for Phone: incoming call
cannot be set to anything other than Windows Default. I've tried removing
applications, and found that after removing a certain number of those
applications, the problem went away. However, reinstalling those
applications did not re-create the problem again.

I did a hard reset to carefully monitor the usefulness of the device after
installation of each 3rd party software application I run. I installed the 3
applications whose removal previously caused the problem to go away - still
no problem. I then installed Voice Command (version 1.5), and the problem
reoccurred. I removed Voice Command, and the problem is still there.

I am able to select different ring tones, but when I tap the play button, no
sound comes out. IF I click 'Ok' anyway, the system automatically resets to
'Windows Default'.

A true weird one - can anyone suggest some other troubleshooting tips? I
hate the default ring tone!
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 22, 2005 7:48:48 PM

Not sure what the issue is, but you could always replace the default
ringtone wav with one you want to use. Just find where it is stored and
delete it, put the new one there with the same name.

--
Thanks
Wayne Sepega

Enterprise Library Configuration Console Module Generator
http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/elccmg

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But
let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour.
That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

news:o vOQsiWQFHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!