Folder right click menu options.....

Mojo

I really hope there is someone out there who can help. This is getting more
than a joke now.

When I right click on a folder in any sub folder or on the desktop I get a
drop down. On this the top selection used to be OPEN which would be the
action on a double left click.
I have installed other programs (which are nothing to do with the folders)
and all folders now change the menu to reflect that the top selection is the
new program action.......make sense?

for example double left on the folder used to open it, now since installing
some new DVD burning software on a double left click on the folder opens the
DVD software to burn the folder to????? I have un-installed the software
which has removed the program from the folder list but the 1st option is not
SEARCH.

Any ideas??????

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:39:04 -0800, Mojo wrote:

> I have un-installed the software
> which has removed the program from the folder list but the 1st option is not
> SEARCH.
>
> Any ideas??????

A fix for this from Doug Knox:

Search/Command Prompt Opens When Double Clicking a Folder
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User