Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Changing avatar picture

Last response: in Site Feedback
December 18, 2012 3:01:08 PM

im just wondering its been a while, how long does it take for a moderator to review and change ur picture for ur avatar?

thanks.

joe

Best solution

January 7, 2013 1:06:12 PM

It usually is approved or denied within 24 hours.
January 7, 2013 2:06:54 PM

well ive asked someone about that and seems theres a bug in the website, that has problems changing my avatar or others have the same issue, kind of frustrating.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 8, 2013 1:49:23 PM

You are trying to replace your avatar? There was an issue awhile ago where someone was trying to replace their avatar and kept uploading a file with the same name as the avatar they currently had, and it wasn't overwriting.
January 8, 2013 2:06:52 PM

thats me, any way i can change it, really irratating im sick of my the big lebowski avatar, any help would appreciated, ive contacted mods but they said theres an issue with it, ? thanks, been driving me nuts
January 9, 2013 1:38:18 PM

Did you try uploading another image, with a different filename?
January 9, 2013 4:00:45 PM

yes, but still doesnt do anything, know of any fix for this?
January 10, 2013 9:43:06 PM

Unfortunately no. I'll ask the dev team if there's been any progress on addressing this issue. They do know about it.
January 10, 2013 9:52:55 PM

alright i really appreciate it thanks.

February 2, 2013 9:01:55 PM

I actually ran into the same problem.. Been tying to upload a new Avatar (change it) for the past week or so. When uploading, it basically tell's me its "waiting for approval"

Tried uploading the image named differently a few times.. but still the same thing.. Was wondering the same thing as iceclock, how long does it take to approve an avatar!

Hopefully the problem/bug gets fixed in the near future ;)  (if i am indeed affected by the issue mentioned above)
February 2, 2013 11:14:39 PM

yes hopefully with the new forum things will be fixed.

February 3, 2013 5:47:01 AM

As long as you upload an avatar with a different file extension that you haven't used previously it will work. That means you've got 3 avatars at most (JPG, PNG and GIF) and then you're stuck with those three. It has nothing to do with the approval process; it's definitely a bug.
February 3, 2013 7:52:38 AM

nice! Thanks randomizer.. going to give that a go

Appreciate it my good man
February 3, 2013 2:55:43 PM

Best answer selected by iceclock.
!