Policy Implementation

I have an interesting scenario and would like to know if it can be done.

I want to only implement a policy when the users log on to the corporate
network. So it would be like this User A comes to work plugs his laptop in
the network and User A's policy get implemented. Now when user A leaves for
the day and plug his laptop in to his home network and logs on he gets no
policy.

Is it possible to do something like this and if so where can i get the info
for it.

~Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about policy implementation

    That would defeat your domain policies.

    You would open up the can of worms where those users can install what they
    want at home, they can even bring a virus back to your domain.

    They log on with cached credentials so the domain policy is in force even
    when not logging onto the domain, considering those policies are *usually*
    set up to provide some sort of protection to your laptop users, that would
    defeat that protection.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Steve" <steve@here.com> wrote in message
    > I have an interesting scenario and would like to know if it can be done.
    >
    > I want to only implement a policy when the users log on to the corporate
    > network. So it would be like this User A comes to work plugs his laptop in
    > the network and User A's policy get implemented. Now when user A leaves
    for
    > the day and plug his laptop in to his home network and logs on he gets no
    > policy.
    >
    > Is it possible to do something like this and if so where can i get the
    info
    > for it.
    >
    > ~Steve

    The user would have to use a local computer account to bypass user configuration of
    Group Policy. One downside is that he can then use that local account any time.
    Assuming he is not a local administrator, you could give him an account that dos not
    exist on the domain. In that case he would not be able to access any domain resources
    with the local account. --- Steve

    "Steve" <steve@here.com> wrote in message
    > I have an interesting scenario and would like to know if it can be done.
    >
    > I want to only implement a policy when the users log on to the corporate
    > network. So it would be like this User A comes to work plugs his laptop in
    > the network and User A's policy get implemented. Now when user A leaves for
    > the day and plug his laptop in to his home network and logs on he gets no
    > policy.
    >
    > Is it possible to do something like this and if so where can i get the info
    > for it.
    >
    > ~Steve

Policy Laptops Microsoft Windows