Annoying videos on toms pages

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I am getting sick and tired of having video adverts rammed down my metaphorical throat.

I come to this website to get INFORMATION that is relevant. I care not one bit about holidays in the Caribbean or what ever else you are selling. I dislike that the videos keep repeating over and over again for each page that I visit here. Worse still is that even though I turn off the sound, on each page load the settings default to ON.

I have been reading Toms since it started more than a decade ago, but now I no longer trust the site to stick to facts with so much advertising being pushed at me.

I want to be able to choose to turn off video feeds on this site otherwise I will choose to get my information elsewhere.

Q

G

Seems I've just created a third as well. Could not be bothered to search before posting, that would just mean fighting with yet more of those unimaginably annoying Tech TV videos.

Getting much better at simply filtering out Toms Hardware by eye when scanning google seatch results.

EPIC FAIL on behalf of Tom's Hardware!

G

Goodness imagine my delight when I missed a link today and clicked through to Tom's hardware just to find that the annoying video was now be pre-fixed with an advert for a film and that the pause button has been disabled so now you can't even stop the intrusion!

Utterly superb, very well done, just when I thought this insanity could not become more messed up!