HELP !!! Overclocking now comp won't power up

ragekage18

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
I have had my comp running at 3.6 ghz 1.46v,180 fsb, ddr2 720, for a while now. I ran Prime 95 over night with no errors and have had no problems with my system. Last night I decided that i was going to tighten up the timings on my ram. It was running at 4-4-4-10 at 1.8v(ran memtest86+ for 8 hrs no errors), I started by setting the volts to 2.2, and the 3-4-4-10 and then booted into windows. then went to 3-3-4-10 and booted into windows. went to 3-3-3-10 booted into windows. then went to 3-3-3-8 booted into windows. This is where all the fun beginns to happen, I decided to run memtest86+ left it for about 15 to 20 minutes, when i looked at the screen i noticed 2 errors. I then tried to esc out of memtest and it wouldnt respond so i pushed the power button in and turned off the comp. Had to clear the cmos to get the computer to boot so i went into bios and had to reset every setting time, date, boot sequence. When i went to save and restart the comp it powered all the way down and wont power up at all. The board is getting power because the debug light is on and reads 0.0.

components : Pentium 805D, Zalman 9500, Abit AW9D max with the uguru front panel, Patriot ddr2 667 ram, sapphire x850xt, 450 watt psu that came with my raid max case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811156180

Thanks in advanced for the help.

axilon

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
You don't have a cmos jumper you can pop?, also pulling out the cmos battery will reset the bios to default settings, if it is removed for a few mins.

Odds are something is clocked wrong and it wont run, so just pop out the battery..

"Every modern motherboard contains a CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) memory chip which is powered by a small battery, storing any changes you have made to the default BIOS configuration. This is why you can restore your BIOS to its default settings simply by removing the motherboard battery for a few minutes." - http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1605

How about resetting the bios to default :D

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
It sounds to me like he already cleared the CMOS.

@ragekage18
I would unplug your power from your PSU for a while, leave your CMOS jumper set to clear for 30 seconds (or whatever it says in your manual) and try again. It sounds like you might have messed your RAM up, so you could try running with only one stick of RAM at a time to see if that's the case.