Access policy

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi

Is there any way to force users using their domain
accounts instead of local account to access the network?

Thanks

Jerry

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks fo the reply.

Isn't there a way to do from the DC and apply it to all
the machines or the machines tha I choose ?

Regards

all computers in the
>domain makins that so only domain accounts have
interavtive logon privilege.
>For example, you can remove default "Authenticated
Users", "Everyone" and
>"Users" groups from that privilege, and assign it to
Domain Users instead.
>Since all domain user accounts are members of this
group, they will be able
>to log on, and local accounts which are not members,
will not.

>--
>Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru]
>MVP: Windows Server - Active Directory
>

> "Jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> Hi
>
> Is there any way to force users using their domain
> accounts instead of local account to access the
network?

> Thanks
>
> Jerry

Group Policy.
Create a GPO and apply it to a container that has all the computers you want
this setting to take effect on.

--
James Brandt [MSFT]

> Thanks fo the reply.
>
> Isn't there a way to do from the DC and apply it to all
> the machines or the machines tha I choose ?
>
> Regards

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sorry, I don't know how and where to create this GPO.
Can you please help me do this. The Administrator had
suddenly left us.

Thanks a lot.

Jerry