OC E6400 reaching max at 350MHz

Eron

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
I have a thread in the general discussion section, just want to see if anyone here can offer more help. I am assuming my limit is caused by the stock HSF and hitting the temperature limit. Will the Thermaltake Mini Typhoon be good enough to do the job, most of the other HSF suggested in the forums are hard to find in Toronto.

My thread in General discussion

Eron

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
When I increase the FSB pass 350 the Temp at idle is around 32C with 100% load in TAT the temperature reach 59. Most of the time FSB > 380MHz wouldn't boot into windows, but there was once that 400MHz and the temperature reach 62 with 100% load in TAT and the machine automatcially restart.

Kabion

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
Well your temps are looking good so it could be your ram or vcore settings. How do you have your ram setup in the bios? If you have it linked just make sure that the memory speed doesn't get to high. Try not to OC the memory until you have an acceptable stable CPU OC.

If that isn't the case it could be the vcore settings. You could try to increase it in small increments and don't go over 1.5v. But with stock HSF I wouldn't recommend going over 1.4v just make sure to watch your temps.