Can I move GPOs from Child Domain to Parent Domain?

I am about to remove a child domain in which I have
several GPOs that I don't want to lose. Is it possible to
move those GPOs to the parent domain? Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about move gpos child domain parent domain

    Daniel-
    Best thing to do is use the GPMC to back up those child domain GPOs. Then
    you can use the Import feature to bring them into the parent domain.

    --
    Darren Mar-Elia
    MS-MVP-Windows Management

    "daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am about to remove a child domain in which I have
    > several GPOs that I don't want to lose. Is it possible to
    > move those GPOs to the parent domain? Thank you.

    GPMC:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/gpmcintro.mspx

    Regards,
    /Jimmy
    --
    Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

    "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Daniel-
    > Best thing to do is use the GPMC to back up those child domain GPOs. Then
    > you can use the Import feature to bring them into the parent domain.
    >

    > --
    > Darren Mar-Elia
    > MS-MVP-Windows Management
    > http://www.gpoguy.com
    >

    > "daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am about to remove a child domain in which I have
    > > several GPOs that I don't want to lose. Is it possible to
    > > move those GPOs to the parent domain? Thank you.

Policy Domain Microsoft Windows