Tech news tv show please go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxm4ch1nexx

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Hello is there anyway to disable the stupid autoplaying tech news tv show flash pop up?

I really dislike the presenters and it is killing my tomshare experience!

Agreed, I was coming here to create the same thread. They've only recently started autoplaying I think, they need to go, they tell us nothing. I may have previously had them muted, but obviously unmuted something somewhere else, and guess what, I have these idiots telling me stuff I know a lot more about than them.

G

3 threads in a day about this utter shambles of an advertising policy..... wonder if anyone at Tom's hardware will notice before every user has deserted them?!?

bwf1975

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I too am stopping using tom's hardware due it having advertising spammed in your face everywhere you go, now i cant read your forums in peace and quiet without moron's who know nothing about pc tech sprouting garbage at every page click.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
It has got worse not better:

Now we have unmutable and unpausable adverts prior to the technumpties vidblogs.

And worse still:

To add insult to injury we have simultaneous streaming of video ads from adchoices on the same page.

I have been visiting Tom's Hardware for almost as long as it has been online. That's more than ten years. During that time I have clicked a few gentle and subtle ads and these have led to purchases. This 'in-your-face' 'you-must-obey' advertising is telling me that Tom's no longer wants my attention. I am sick of it. Ever since BestOfMedia got hold of Tom's the entire experience has gone downhill.

I am a professional and highly intelligent person - just like the vast majority of people who normally frequent this site. Tom's is dealing with a subject that requires a great deal of intelligence to fully 'grok'. These annoying adverts are getting irritating to the point that I seriously wish there was a better tech site out there. Maybe I should spend less time here and more visiting ArsTechnica, Anandtech or [H]ard|OCP

Q

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
We had some issues in recent weeks with display ads originating for users in the UK, and looking at your profile I can see that some of your posts have been in the UK forum. We're still looking into addressing this issue, and the ad problem you've been experiencing is not typical of the usual Tom's Hardware experience. We do apologize for the issue.

pbryd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Glad to see you're looking into this, it's very annoying.

I started using Toms H. because I got sick and tired of Cnets pop up log in window.

Now it looks like I'll be looking for somewhere new to find my tech news without annoying pop ups or video automatically playing on every page.

orionanomaly

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
It is without a doubt, the single most annoying pop-up-ad I have ever experienced.

The British accents, the saccharine voices, the droning about nothing specific, and most of all, the ear shattering high pitched sound effects it uses to transition from topic to topic.

It autoplays AND unmutes itself when it reloads. Obviously blocking Flash will get rid of it, but that seems extreme...

Alsone

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
Still annoying for me.

Every time I click an article to read, Tech TV starts playing.

In a quiet environment eg late at night, it causes problems with sudden and unexpected noise.

It's also using bandwidth loading videos and many UK IP packages have bandwidth limits. If it continues then I finished using this site.

Alsone

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
Using Win 7 64 bit and Firefox.

BTW the forum is screwy as well. When I click submit after editing a message, it tells me I'm not allowed to edit the message! (It is my message and not another users btw). Hence this 2nd post.

Status
Not open for further replies.