Setting up network printer with roaming profile

Windows 2000 network with Windows xp workstations
Is there anyway to deploy and install network printers with group policy and
roaming profiles.

Howdie,

Sambessaw <Sambessaw@yahoo.com> schrieb/wrote:
> Windows 2000 network with Windows xp workstations
> Is there anyway to deploy and install network printers with group
> policy and roaming profiles.

Roaming profiles have nothing to do with printer installation.

You have two ways:

Do it with con2prt.exe from the resource kit or with printui.dll

con2prt.exe:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181663

printui.dll:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=189105

--
Peter Forster
MVP - Windows Server Networking

See also http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

"Peter Forster [MVP]" <newsspam@liwest.at> wrote in message
> Howdie,
>
> Sambessaw <Sambessaw@yahoo.com> schrieb/wrote:
>> Windows 2000 network with Windows xp workstations
>> Is there anyway to deploy and install network printers with group
>> policy and roaming profiles.
>
> Roaming profiles have nothing to do with printer installation.
>
> You have two ways:
>
> Do it with con2prt.exe from the resource kit or with printui.dll
>
> con2prt.exe:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181663
>
> printui.dll:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=189105
>
> --
> Peter Forster
> MVP - Windows Server Networking
> Austria

it worked. Thank you very much. I used the 2nd one which sets up the printer
everytime you login.
Thanks
Sambessaw
"Peter Forster [MVP]" <newsspam@liwest.at> wrote in message
> Howdie,
>
> Sambessaw <Sambessaw@yahoo.com> schrieb/wrote:
>> Windows 2000 network with Windows xp workstations
>> Is there anyway to deploy and install network printers with group
>> policy and roaming profiles.
>
> Roaming profiles have nothing to do with printer installation.
>
> You have two ways:
>
> Do it with con2prt.exe from the resource kit or with printui.dll
>
> con2prt.exe:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181663
>
> printui.dll:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=189105
>
> --
> Peter Forster
> MVP - Windows Server Networking
> Austria

Pontifex

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001

Hi,
We have a HP DeskJet printer. Whenever we make this printer as Network
printer, we get junk print requests, [may be because of virus in network]. Is
there any way to avoid these junk print requests? The machine connected to
the printer AntiVirus software and runs WinXP.
Thanks and regards,
R Pooran Prasad

TRENDING THREADS