GP: Login Scripts, not working on all workstations

I have created a login script that runs some updates to some software on the
150 workstations on my LAN.

The problem I'm running into is that several of my workstations are not
running the logon script.

I placed the logon script in the

\\mydomain.com\sysvol\bpc-financial.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00
C04FB984F9}\USER\Scripts\Logon

I have added the logon script to scripts list under the Default Domain
Policy:
User Configuration | Windows Settings | Scripts | Logon list.

Most of my workstations are running the script with no problem.

I will say this, when we setup several of these workstations, we created a
master workstation and ghosted the hard drive image to the new systems.

The new systems were disjoined from the domain, renamed, and rejoined the
domain once they were deployed.

I haven't found any way to really test this or test to see if a script has
run on a workstation other than to go to the workstation and see what
version of the software is on the actual PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ok, I've found that if I remove the workstation from the domain and then
rejoin it, it seems to help with this issue. I'm not sure what would cause
this, but I've found a fast way to disjoin and rejoin the domain using the
netdom utility:

netdom join targetworkstationname /Domain:mydomain\domaincontroler
/Userd:mydomain\administrator /Passwordd:* /UserO:administrator /PasswordO:*
netdom remove targetworkstationname /Domain:mydomain\domaincontroler
/Userd:mydomain\administrator /Passwordd:* /UserO:administrator /PasswordO:*

My question now is:
Does anyone have any idea how this could have happened?

What can corrupt the workstation's relationship with the domain?

And what exactly does this disjoing/rejoin reset, because I didn't delete
the workstation account from the AD?

"Casey Chambliss" <nospam@bpc-financial.com> wrote in message
> I have created a login script that runs some updates to some software on
the
> 150 workstations on my LAN.
>
> The problem I'm running into is that several of my workstations are not
> running the logon script.
>
> I placed the logon script in the

\\mydomain.com\sysvol\bpc-financial.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00
> C04FB984F9}\USER\Scripts\Logon
>
> I have added the logon script to scripts list under the Default Domain
> Policy:
> User Configuration | Windows Settings | Scripts | Logon list.
>
> Most of my workstations are running the script with no problem.
>
> I will say this, when we setup several of these workstations, we created a
> master workstation and ghosted the hard drive image to the new systems.
>
> The new systems were disjoined from the domain, renamed, and rejoined the
> domain once they were deployed.
>
> I haven't found any way to really test this or test to see if a script has
> run on a workstation other than to go to the workstation and see what
> version of the software is on the actual PC.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bruce

We have had a similar problem.
I'm not sure if it may have been related to the machine's SID.

We have now been using either sysprep or ghost walker (ghstwalk.exe) to not
only rename the machine but change the SID.

We also had issues with collisions in AD where there would be an additional
machine name with a GUID appended.

Bruce