Hello all.
After doing a reinstall after a virus, I was prompted to activate.
When I attempt to comply, all I get is the activation window with no
information in it. It just sits there! Finally, I close the window and
continue with my day. There are no further reminders until I restart the
computer. Sometimes this isn't until the next day.
I am down to three days left to activate! Can anyone help? Is something
wrong with the install? (everything else works fine) Is there a phone number
I can call?

You might want to take a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314935

In the US, the phone number is 1-425-635-3311. Keep in mind that
long distance charges will apply. For other options you might
want to look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3219&gprid=37013

--
Nepatsfan

runyned wrote:

> After doing a reinstall after a virus, I was prompted to activate.
>When I attempt to comply, all I get is the activation window with no
>information in it. It just sits there! Finally, I close the window and
>continue with my day. There are no further reminders until I restart the
>computer. Sometimes this isn't until the next day.

First - Start - Run and run the Iwo lines
regsvr32 licdll.dll
regsvr32 regwizc.dll

Reboot, cancel the reminder (it is not a good place to do it from), get
on the Internet and go to
Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Activate windows
to do it from there

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> You might want to take a look here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314935
>
> In the US, the phone number is 1-425-635-3311. Keep in mind that
> long distance charges will apply. For other options you might
> want to look here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3219&gprid=37013
>
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "runyned" <runyned@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all.
> > After doing a reinstall after a virus, I was prompted to
> > activate.
> > When I attempt to comply, all I get is the activation window
> > with no
> > information in it. It just sits there! Finally, I close the
> > window and
> > continue with my day. There are no further reminders until I
> > restart the
> > computer. Sometimes this isn't until the next day.
> > I am down to three days left to activate! Can anyone help? Is
> > something
> > wrong with the install? (everything else works fine) Is there
> > a phone number
> > I can call?
> >

> Thanks Nepatsfan,
Step 6 of the first link you referred me to was the one that worked. I am
now activated!!! I guess I won't know what went wrong.

"Alex Nichol" wrote:

> runyned wrote:
>
> > After doing a reinstall after a virus, I was prompted to activate.
> >When I attempt to comply, all I get is the activation window with no
> >information in it. It just sits there! Finally, I close the window and
> >continue with my day. There are no further reminders until I restart the
> >computer. Sometimes this isn't until the next day.
>
> First - Start - Run and run the Iwo lines
> regsvr32 licdll.dll
> regsvr32 regwizc.dll
>
> Reboot, cancel the reminder (it is not a good place to do it from), get
> on the Internet and go to
> Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Activate windows
> to do it from there
>

> --
> Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows Technologies)
> Bournemouth, U.K. Alexn@mvps.D8E8L.org (remove the D8 bit)
> Thanks for your response Alex. I followed your instructions, but I got the same response. The activate window was still blank. Nepatsfan gave me the route to correct the problem. Thanks again for helping out.

I'd like to add there is now a toll free number for the US as well, 18662346020

I'm on the phone with them now as I have the blank screen as well and the
support page steps aren't working for me.