win2k pro gp do not apply to users

augie

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2002

Hi all,

I have a network with Win NT 4.0 server and all win2k pro workstations.
Using mmc group policy a made some settings refferec to screen saver and
wallpaper. Settings made while I am login as administrator. When the users
logon the settings do not apply. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Did you use gpedit.msc on each computer to configure the Local Group Policy ?
Also unless you restrict those settings to the users, they simply can change
them to their preference. You can restrict users from changing the settings
under user configuration/administrative templates/control panel/display. ---
Steve