CPU utilization no longer displaying

killermedic

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Last night while encoding a movie (DVDFab), running one core of Folding@Home and playing Steel Beasts Pro PE online, I noticed that my CPU utilization was showing 0% on my G15 keyboard. After exiting the game, I checked my AI booster and instead of the 2 line graphs for each core and numerical percentages, I had one line graph with no bars and 0% showing. I pulled up task manager and the performance tab was showing both cores and activity on both. So I guess the OS is reading it but no longer getting the info to secondary apps. Anybody have any ideas how to get the problem fixed? Thanks in advance!

Chris

WinXP-MCE SP2 all current updates
C2D E6600 at 3.37ghz
Scythe Mine HSF w/ AS5
ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
ATI X1900XTX
2GB Patriot DDR2-800 at 2.1v, 4-4-4-12-4, 1:1 FSB
2xSeagate 7200.10 320GB Raid0
OCZ XtremeGamer 700w
Logitech G15, G5
Saitek X52

killermedic

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Thanks for the try Stranger, but no luck with that. I did a little research and found the fix on Logitech's site. Here it is in case anyone else has the problem:

The LCD on my G15 Keyboard displays CPU usage as 0% all the time. Why? Answer
The Information in this Article Applies to the Following Devices:
Logitech G15 G-Series Keyboard
The information in this article applies to the following Operating Systems:
Windows XP
Cause:
This may occur if Windows disables performance counters. This normally occurs when files for the Windows performance counters have become corrupted.
Solution:
Please try the following to resolve this issue.
WARNING: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly may cause symptoms requiring a reinstallation of Windows. Logitech is not responsible for issues which may result from incorrect use of the Registry Editor. Use the Registry Editor at your own discretion.
Important Note: Since Windows may have disabled the performance counters due to corruption, this procedure may re-introduce the underlying problem. This may cause system instability and crashes. If this occurs, it is advised that you contact Microsoft or your system vendor for assistance in rebuilding the Windows Performance Counter Library.
In the System Registry, navigate to the following two keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfOS\Performance
If the options for Disable Performance Counters is set to "1", change the "1" to "0" and reboot.
Repeat for both keys
These keys may not exist. Please contact Microsoft or your system vendor for further assistance if this is the case