Security policy not applying

Sp00ky

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

I have a GPO that is used to apply user and computer settings to a
terminal server and its sessions using loop-back processing. this
policy has settings in both user and computer ADm templates section,
as well as the windows / security section.

I made a copy of the GPO in order to test some changes, disabled the
original GPO and applied the new one. When doing this the SECURITY
settings were not picked up. On applying the old GPO the settings then
apply.

Various things have been tried to make this work, more copies,
applying to different OUs, filtering / unfiltering but to no avail.

If anybody has had a similar experience I would much appreciate some
advice.

I have not tried exactly that but I suggest you check that the security settings that
you expect to be applied are actually defined on the copy and that the computer
configuration portion of the policy is enabled. --- Steve