Default Domain Controller GPO - dcgpofix !

Andy

Have anyone practical experience with "dcgpofix.exe"(Support Tools w3k)!
After updating the first DC from w2k to Windows2003 the "Default Domain
Controller Group Policy" are damaged. The "GptTmpl.inf" located in
MACHINE-Microsoft-WindowsNT-SecEdit are damaged.

Who can tell me the best way to recreate the GPO!
In our environment we also have Exchange2000!!!

Regards
Andy

Hello,

You can use dcgpofix.exe on the 2003 server to reset the default domain and
default domain controller policy back to their defaults.

Here is some more information that should help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;833783

Type in the following from a command prompt to restore Domain only , Domain
Controller only or both at the same time:

DCGPOFIX /target: domain

or

DCGPOFIX /target: DC

or