Windows XP start screen

February 10, 2005 1:31:01 PM

When Windows XP starts it shows a screen that asks me to select a user name
I am the only user and want to have it bypass that screen and just open

More about : windows start screen

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 2:49:39 PM

This is asked here many times a day. Please see "Login" posted by Patty
just below (2/9/2005 7:24 PM)

"Greggomano" <Greggomano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When Windows XP starts it shows a screen that asks me to select a user
> name
> I am the only user and want to have it bypass that screen and just open
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 8:51:28 AM

You can go to Start/Run and enter: "control userpasswords2" without
the quotes.

Deselect "Users must enter name and password to use this computer".
You will be asked to enter the user name and password. Reboot and
you won't be asked to logon again.

Regards, Eric

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:31:01 -0800, "Greggomano"