Windows XP start screen

When Windows XP starts it shows a screen that asks me to select a user name
I am the only user and want to have it bypass that screen and just open
3 answers Last reply
More about windows start screen

    This is asked here many times a day. Please see "Login" posted by Patty
    just below (2/9/2005 7:24 PM)

    "Greggomano" <Greggomano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When Windows XP starts it shows a screen that asks me to select a user
    > name
    > I am the only user and want to have it bypass that screen and just open

    Hi,

    U can download and install a tool called TweakUI powertoy from Microsoft.
    It has the option for enabling auto login for a default user

    you can download from this link

    You can go to Start/Run and enter: "control userpasswords2" without
    the quotes.

    Deselect "Users must enter name and password to use this computer".
    You will be asked to enter the user name and password. Reboot and
    you won't be asked to logon again.

    Regards, Eric

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:31:01 -0800, "Greggomano"
    <Greggomano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When Windows XP starts it shows a screen that asks me to select a user name
    >I am the only user and want to have it bypass that screen and just open

Microsoft Windows XP