Error keeps appearing in eventlog on when user logs in

Source: UserInit
EventID: 1001

Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy Object.

Does anyone have a clue why does this keep appearing
in application log whenever user logs in?
There is NO login script defined in ANY GPO.

What can I do to get more info about what is happening?
Already UserEnvDebugLevel was set to 30002 in Registry and
also RunDiagnosticLoggingGlobal for logging GPO appliance
on the machine.

When user logs in, everything works as it should, the last entry
in log is "Windows applied User Group Policy." and then this
event that I mentioned appears!

Drazen

I would say double-check your GPOs for a script definition that may simply
be old or no longer in effect. What this also could be is that the user in
question has a reference to an old GPO-based script stuck in its user
registry hive. Does this message appear for all users or just one?

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Management

"Drazen" <drazen_petrek@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Source: UserInit
> EventID: 1001
>
> Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy Object.
>
> Does anyone have a clue why does this keep appearing
> in application log whenever user logs in?
> There is NO login script defined in ANY GPO.
>
> What can I do to get more info about what is happening?
> Already UserEnvDebugLevel was set to 30002 in Registry and
> also RunDiagnosticLoggingGlobal for logging GPO appliance
> on the machine.
>
> When user logs in, everything works as it should, the last entry
> in log is "Windows applied User Group Policy." and then this
> event that I mentioned appears!
>
> Drazen

I will check GPO's again for a script definition, but I already did
that many times. This happens for ALL users in one OU that had ONCE in
past login script defined through GPO linked to that OU. Later I
disabled the GPO and then even removed it totally (link and object)
but still this error remained.

"Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<OTDtJR4iEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> I would say double-check your GPOs for a script definition that may simply
> be old or no longer in effect. What this also could be is that the user in
> question has a reference to an old GPO-based script stuck in its user
> registry hive. Does this message appear for all users or just one?
>
> --
> Darren Mar-Elia
> MS-MVP-Windows Management
> http://www.gpoguy.com
>

> "Drazen" <drazen_petrek@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Source: UserInit
> > EventID: 1001
> >
> > Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy Object.
> >
> > Does anyone have a clue why does this keep appearing
> > in application log whenever user logs in?
> > There is NO login script defined in ANY GPO.
> >
> > What can I do to get more info about what is happening?
> > Already UserEnvDebugLevel was set to 30002 in Registry and
> > also RunDiagnosticLoggingGlobal for logging GPO appliance
> > on the machine.
> >
> > When user logs in, everything works as it should, the last entry
> > in log is "Windows applied User Group Policy." and then this
> > event that I mentioned appears!
> >
> > Drazen

Darren, I double-checked the GPO's and NO GPO has login script
defined. How can I check if user in question has a reference to an old

drazen_petrek@yahoo.com (Drazen) wrote in message news:<5105d29b.0408262245.69ea60b2@posting.google.com>...
> I will check GPO's again for a script definition, but I already did
> that many times. This happens for ALL users in one OU that had ONCE in
> past login script defined through GPO linked to that OU. Later I
> disabled the GPO and then even removed it totally (link and object)
> but still this error remained.
>
> "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<OTDtJR4iEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> > I would say double-check your GPOs for a script definition that may simply
> > be old or no longer in effect. What this also could be is that the user in
> > question has a reference to an old GPO-based script stuck in its user
> > registry hive. Does this message appear for all users or just one?
> >
> > --
> > Darren Mar-Elia
> > MS-MVP-Windows Management
> > http://www.gpoguy.com
> >

> > "Drazen" <drazen_petrek@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Source: UserInit
> > > EventID: 1001
> > >
> > > Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy Object.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a clue why does this keep appearing
> > > in application log whenever user logs in?
> > > There is NO login script defined in ANY GPO.
> > >
> > > What can I do to get more info about what is happening?
> > > Already UserEnvDebugLevel was set to 30002 in Registry and
> > > also RunDiagnosticLoggingGlobal for logging GPO appliance
> > > on the machine.
> > >
> > > When user logs in, everything works as it should, the last entry
> > > in log is "Windows applied User Group Policy." and then this
> > > event that I mentioned appears!
> > >
> > > Drazen

Drazen-

Check in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts (while
the user is logged on, of course), and just remove any references that are
found there. Let me know if you don't find them there--there is one other
place they may be.

--

> Darren, I double-checked the GPO's and NO GPO has login script
> defined. How can I check if user in question has a reference to an old
> GPO-based script stuck in its user registry hive?
>

> drazen_petrek@yahoo.com (Drazen) wrote in message
>> I will check GPO's again for a script definition, but I already did
>> that many times. This happens for ALL users in one OU that had ONCE in
>> past login script defined through GPO linked to that OU. Later I
>> disabled the GPO and then even removed it totally (link and object)
>> but still this error remained.
>>
>> "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:<OTDtJR4iEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
>> > I would say double-check your GPOs for a script definition that may
>> > simply
>> > be old or no longer in effect. What this also could be is that the user
>> > in
>> > question has a reference to an old GPO-based script stuck in its user
>> > registry hive. Does this message appear for all users or just one?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Darren Mar-Elia
>> > MS-MVP-Windows Management
>> > http://www.gpoguy.com
>> >

>> > "Drazen" <drazen_petrek@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I found the reference to old script in registry where you told me and
removed it. After that no more errors appeared when that user logged
in.
Now I Will have to remove that reference from all users who have it.
Another thing, REPLMON showed problem with GPO sync on one of DCs
(BDC).
Looks like this problem that I have started becouse of replication
problems. When I manually copied the SYSVOL share from DC to BDC,
REPLMON
showed no problems, however that is not an option for me to copy
SYSVOL share
whenever problem with processing GPOs occurs. Is there a way for me to
troubleshoot replication issues? Also, could you tell me why is
copying SYSVOL share generally not recommended?