XP SP2 adm templates on windows 2003 server

My company's policy is if you need to make a change to a server you must log
on to that server, either by using the console or Remote Desktop. We cannot
install the Group Policy Management Tool on our Windows
XP Pro SP2 PCs. How can I get the updated XP SP2 adm files put on the
windows 2003 servers? Can I just copy all of the adm files in the inf
directory from a XP Pro SP2 PC to the inf directory on the server?

Thanks,

Yep. Just copy them to %windir%\inf on your DCs

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"BOFH1234" <bofh1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My company's policy is if you need to make a change to a server you must
log
> on to that server, either by using the console or Remote Desktop. We
cannot
> install the Group Policy Management Tool on our Windows
> XP Pro SP2 PCs. How can I get the updated XP SP2 adm files put on the
> windows 2003 servers? Can I just copy all of the adm files in the inf
> directory from a XP Pro SP2 PC to the inf directory on the server?
>
> Thanks,

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Thank you.

BOFH1234

"Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
> Yep. Just copy them to %windir%\inf on your DCs

> Brian Desmond
> Windows Server MVP
> desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>
> Http://www.briandesmond.com
>

> "BOFH1234" <bofh1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> My company's policy is if you need to make a change to a server you must
> log
>> on to that server, either by using the console or Remote Desktop. We
> cannot
>> install the Group Policy Management Tool on our Windows
>> XP Pro SP2 PCs. How can I get the updated XP SP2 adm files put on the
>> windows 2003 servers? Can I just copy all of the adm files in the inf
>> directory from a XP Pro SP2 PC to the inf directory on the server?
>>
>> Thanks,

We are trying to figure out how to create a custom .ADM template which
can be imported on a Windows XP SP2 workgroup (not Domain) computer for
group policy control?

Any thoughts

--
zeamays1