Sign in with
Your question

Where is my AMD R600?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 20, 2007 12:50:10 AM

I thought the new R600 was due today or tomorrow??
TMW unlikely since saturday... so wtf is up?

More about : amd r600

January 20, 2007 1:03:55 AM

Ok seem like Nvidia, AMD, Intel and Ati always somehow SCREWS UP!!!!
Why cant they be like Microsoft? When they put a date its final usually.
Sure WIndows has been postphones XXXX times but everything else has been on track. I my opnion those 4 earlier said companies are only trying to milk us for more money when they in fact were done like 6 months ago. But since they didnt sell so much of whatever cpu or graphic card they pull a Gabe Nevel... Oh yeah.. .someone "stole" the game code so we need to reprogram it... Yeah right!
I think honestly.. Half life 2 would never been done on time even if "someone didnt steal the code". Was just a lot of BS.
January 20, 2007 1:10:17 AM

You need a drink or something.
Related resources
January 20, 2007 1:14:29 AM

Hardly.. all i need is that those fuckers get their act together and stop stalling for monetary reasons only.
January 20, 2007 1:39:31 AM

Delayed until mid-March. Not that you'll see any DX10 games before then, anyway.
January 20, 2007 1:48:16 AM

They aren't stalling for monetary reasons. They are delaying because they have seen the troubles that Nvidia has had with the 8800 series and the ever changing requirements from Microsoft. Think about it, which would you rather have; a card that comes out early and doesn't work right, or a card that is delayed, but works as expected?
January 20, 2007 1:57:09 AM

delayed til mid march!!?? How do you know this?
January 20, 2007 1:57:43 AM

alright, um you are only complaining about amd/nvidia because microsoft does not come out with new products ever so often as hardware manufacturers do. I dont see why you need a an r600 card right NOW. The faster they release their products, the more likely it is to have problems. Either way, there will be complaints. If the ati card were to be released today, there would be just as many people bitching about the delay of the card, if not, more. people like you.

you do NOT need this card right now. if you really feel the need to boast about owning a video card, then you have issues.
January 20, 2007 2:02:29 AM

I personally don't even want the r600, but what it means for me is price drops in other areas. So I am waiting for its release for my new build. So does anyone have any clue as to a release date?
January 20, 2007 2:06:24 AM

You seriously need to get the stick out of your ass. Dont expect the Nvidia DX10 series to fall much when R600 comes out. Maybe a 20-30 price drop, thats maybe pushing it. And wouldn't you rather have a working product on the market instead of one thats so buggy it needs a massive recall?
January 20, 2007 2:12:39 AM

what needs a recall? 8800?
January 20, 2007 2:37:40 AM

Quote:
delayed til mid march!!?? How do you know this?

You got the wrong person. But since there won't be any games for DX10 for awhile, what's the difference?
January 20, 2007 2:41:25 AM

Quote:

A number of 8800's have had to be recalled for defects. EVGA was one of the worst hit, as I recall, but others had some bad cards go out as well. And that's on top of the lack of proper drivers for DX10. Nvidia and Microsoft have been pointing fingers at each other as to who is at fault. Don't know the answer to that, only know that there is trouble.
a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2007 4:07:33 AM

My R600 is bigger!
January 20, 2007 4:14:05 AM

bwahahahahaha
January 20, 2007 5:42:50 AM

Quote:
I thought the new R600 was due today or tomorrow??
TMW unlikely since saturday... so wtf is up?

You go right ahead and keep waiting :lol:  I will sit back while your waiting and enjoy Oblivion Maxed out at 1680X1050 with 16AA and 16AF. :D 

Yeah, early adopters reap the rewards but pay the con$equences. :wink:

At TMSter: This one's even bigger, but it's sure prettier:
January 20, 2007 6:47:55 AM

Quote:
Hardly.. all i need is that those ****** get their act together and stop stalling for monetary reasons only.

8O :roll: :lol: 

Three emotions at once, none of them involving positive thinking.
January 20, 2007 6:58:23 AM

after doing a little research on various sites, it looks as though people are saying (notice I don't say that this is really what will happen) that a version of the r600 comes out soon, and then there will be a better one in march. But everything sounds so sketch that I don't know what to believe. I think patience is the key here (as it usually is), and of course no one has any.
January 20, 2007 4:45:21 PM

Quote:

A number of 8800's have had to be recalled for defects. EVGA was one of the worst hit, as I recall, but others had some bad cards go out as well. And that's on top of the lack of proper drivers for DX10. Nvidia and Microsoft have been pointing fingers at each other as to who is at fault. Don't know the answer to that, only know that there is trouble.

Please stfu ati fanboy as you dont even know wth you are talking about. :roll: There has only been ONE recall that affected only the 8800 GTX's (Not the GTS'S) and it was even before its official release date which was due to a faulty resistor, yes a few managed to slip out the door without being fixed but for the most part the launch was pretty smooth and the majority received there 8800GTX's defect free. There have been zero recalls since then.

As for driver support again stfu as you have no clue since you dont own one :roll: Yes the drivers were a bit shaky in the beginning but for the most part I and others I know had little to no problems with them and as of right now the latest driver for XP has been nothing but rock solid for me and others, even the last couple were good.

If you ask me Nvidia has done great with these drivers considering that the 8800GTX is of a completely different architecture than anything seen before and the fact that its a DX10 card and they have it running DX9 games as good as they do says a whole lot.

All my cards up until now have been ATI with the X1900XT being the card I last had before upgrading to my 8800GTX. While the X1900XT is a great card I would not go back to it for anything, Nvidia is the clear image quality and performance leader this round and I can play all my games completely maxed out at 1680X1050 with 16XAA and 16XAF. Oblivion looks and plays beautiful and so do my other games. This card is totally worth it with or without DX10.

Since two of my three computers have Nvidia cards, I wouldn't call myself an ATI fanboy, but whatever. I haven't tried to run a 8800 myself, so only know what I've read as to the complaints various people have reported. At the same time, as best I know, most of the cards have been trouble free in using XP and DX9.

The driver problems that I refered to have involved running them under Vista, not under XP. I thought that was evident when I specified the lack of proper drivers for DX10, which is in Vista only, not in XP which uses DX9. I haven't heard of any problems of using a 8800 with XP.

I haven't gotten on any bandwagon as to buying a DX10 card of any type because I don't plan on building a Vista/DX10 computer until about June. At that time, I will look at the benches and see what card is performing best and will make a purchase accordingly. I have no idea which I'll buy, whether it be Nvidia based or ATI based. It depends on both the performance and the pricing at that time.
a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2007 6:36:04 PM

Quote:
Nvidia is the clear image quality and performance leader this round

I think you should have said "currently" not "this round". NV lost the IQ war with X19xx vs GF79xx, and now hold the current title with the G80's. But "this round" in my eyes means first DX10 vs. first DX10, which obviously we don't know the outcome of that yet.
!