Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 remote access to, that's right, to iPad 2

Last response: in Windows 7
July 4, 2011 7:35:01 AM

I wish they made a program that allowed me to access a remote iPad 2. Anybody know of one? My girlfriend's grandmother has an iPad 2, but she's 2,500 miles away so when things go wrong it turns into a very complicated phone conversation. I can't believe how UN-user-friendly an iPad 2 can be. Try to explain how to kill programs or even reboot the iPad 2 over the phone. I originally wanted to get her a Windows laptop so if anything went wrong I could just log in and fix it... so is there anything like that for the iPad 2?
September 19, 2011 7:46:11 AM

jaykayd said:
I wish they made a program that allowed me to access a remote iPad 2. Anybody know of one? My girlfriend's grandmother has an iPad 2, but she's 2,500 miles away so when things go wrong it turns into a very complicated phone conversation. I can't believe how UN-user-friendly an iPad 2 can be. Try to explain how to kill programs or even reboot the iPad 2 over the phone. I originally wanted to get her a Windows laptop so if anything went wrong I could just log in and fix it... so is there anything like that for the iPad 2?

Dear Jaukayd, Firstly I apologize for contributing 'nothing' to your query about remote access that you have discussed in this thread. HOWEVER, having read this, I thought i must convey my feeling that how good it is on your part that you are so worried about grand mother of your girlfriend. It is wonderful to know that there are people like you who care so much for old folks, who really need our help. Bravo for your concern, i am sure your girl friend is lucky to have found you as a friend.
usaid ur rehman
usaid786@hotmail.com
Score
Related resources
February 26, 2012 7:33:54 PM

Hi

Did you find a solution? As I have the same problem, and am always trying to explain on the phone or any issues have to wait a few weeks until I go home to visit.

thanks
Paul
Score
March 4, 2012 12:30:31 AM

cafcth said:
Hi

Did you find a solution? As I have the same problem, and am always trying to explain on the phone or any issues have to wait a few weeks until I go home to visit.

thanks
Paul

No, I haven't, but I haven't looked in a while. The easiest thing for us to do is videochat over facetime (iMac to iMac) while she's holding up the iPad 2 and we're explaining what to do, but it's still difficult.

People keep saying how refined iOS is... although it may be the most refined out there, it is by no means refined. So many programs just stop working for what may seem like no reason. It's not a big deal if you know what to do, but if you don't it can be very frustrating.
Score
March 4, 2012 12:32:33 AM

Usaid said:
Dear Jaukayd, Firstly I apologize for contributing 'nothing' to your query about remote access that you have discussed in this thread. HOWEVER, having read this, I thought i must convey my feeling that how good it is on your part that you are so worried about grand mother of your girlfriend. It is wonderful to know that there are people like you who care so much for old folks, who really need our help. Bravo for your concern, i am sure your girl friend is lucky to have found you as a friend.
usaid ur rehman
usaid786@hotmail.com

Thanks usaid, that's very nice of you to say. I'm just as lucky, though. :na: 
Score
a c 395 $ Windows 7
March 4, 2012 12:48:21 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!