DVI Cables

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 16, 2004 1:33:44 AM

Is there a major difference between Monster DVI cables @$100 vs Cables to go
DVI Cable for $25.00. Also will I see a difference between DVI connected vs
Componet Video.

More about : dvi cables

Anonymous
May 16, 2004 1:33:45 AM

"Carmen" <MOKOVSLCYYCD@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> Is there a major difference between Monster DVI cables @$100 vs Cables to
go
> DVI Cable for $25.00. Also will I see a difference between DVI connected
vs
> Componet Video.

You have mentioned the only difference in your original post.

$75... It's extra profit split between Monster and the retailer.

There is absolutely no reason to buy expensive digital cables - the digital
signal is either absolutely perfect or it isn't there.

As for video quality via DVI vs component... depends.

DVI is a completely digital signal (if one ignores the RGB analog carried on
PC DVI outputs). If you have a digital monitor (like a plasma, DLP or LCD)
then it will definitely be better since the monitor doesn't need to digitize
an analog component input.

But if you have an essentially analog HD monitor (like a CRT direct view or
rear projection) then you may not be able to tell any difference since your
monitor needs to convert the DVI digital back into analog anyway.
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 2:41:18 AM

Carmen wrote:
> Is there a major difference between Monster DVI cables @$100 vs
> Cables to go DVI Cable for $25.00. Also will I see a difference
> between DVI connected vs Componet Video.

Difference between them is in the price and hype. Will you see a difference
from component? Some say they do, others say they see no discernable
difference.
May 16, 2004 3:55:54 AM

"Carmen" <MOKOVSLCYYCD@spammotel.com> wrote in

> Is there a major difference between Monster DVI cables @$100 vs Cables
> to go DVI Cable for $25.00. Also will I see a difference between DVI
> connected vs Componet Video.

Yes there is a major difference, the price.
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 6:06:42 PM

Nice explanation here. Thanks. I never really thought about it that way.
My CRT HD doesn't really have much (if any) discernable difference between
DVI and Component. BTW, I split the difference and got 50 dollar DVI
cables;)

MrHooper

!