Remote Assist. quit working after winXP sp2

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 1, 2004 3:35:16 PM

I've configure our Domain GPO to allow members of our IT Support dept to
Offer Remote Assistance, but no one else can Solicit Assistance. Term
Services is also disabled.

After applying WinXP SP2, this was broken.

Can anyone point me to documentation on how Remote Assistance GPO settings
have changed in SP2 &, can these changes exist in a mixed SP1/SP2
environment while we work through upgrading all of our laptops?

TIA
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 7:52:45 PM

James Brandt [MSFT]

"bruce" <badiii@DELyahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've configure our Domain GPO to allow members of our IT Support dept to
> Offer Remote Assistance, but no one else can Solicit Assistance. Term
> Services is also disabled.
>
> After applying WinXP SP2, this was broken.
>
> Can anyone point me to documentation on how Remote Assistance GPO settings
> have changed in SP2 &, can these changes exist in a mixed SP1/SP2
> environment while we work through upgrading all of our laptops?
>
> TIA
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 8:33:17 PM

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:35:16 -0700, bruce <badiii@DELyahoo.com> wrote:

>I've configure our Domain GPO to allow members of our IT Support dept to
>Offer Remote Assistance, but no one else can Solicit Assistance. Term
>Services is also disabled.
>
>After applying WinXP SP2, this was broken.
>
>Can anyone point me to documentation on how Remote Assistance GPO settings
>have changed in SP2 &, can these changes exist in a mixed SP1/SP2
>environment while we work through upgrading all of our laptops?
>
>TIA

It is probably the firewall policy.
See tip 7909 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman