Need help on Overclocking tools

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Hey guys, I was able to recently purchase this computer off ebay for a measly 544 bucks after the shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220068141027&rd=1&rd=1

AMD 3200 2.0Ghz
1GB Kingston valueram
250GB seagate harddrive
Thermaltake TR2 430w PSU
evGa 6800Ulta
evGa S939 motherboard
DangerDen case, Dangerden watercooling system.
Waterblocks on CPU and GPU

My question is what are some good overclocking tools I can use? Preferably like to download a program so I can do the overclocking from my desktop rather than BIOS. Also, if possible detailed instructions of what to do and what to look for while overclocking is really appreciated.

Thanks guys/girls :D

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Never try OCing with software. It dosn't work and the liekly hood of messing up your bios is very high. ALways OC from the Bios. Look in the CPU section of OCing for OCing Guides.
Yes, the overclocking softwares...i.e. Clock-Gen, can sometimes help on boards that have poor overclocking features. If your board has no overclocking abilities, then it's very likely that Clock-Gen won't support it anyways. The other purpose for Clock-Gen is for really extreme overclocking...where the overclock is so high, that the system won't POST...or boot into Windows...then Clock-Gen eliminates the boot problem. :wink:

Scougs

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I would agree that overclocking it the bios is far superior to using software.
I'm not an expert on Athlon 64 overclocking so I would suggest googleing it if nobody gives you any more advice.

If you want to try overclocking your 6800, download coolbits and overclock a little at a time. If your system crashes or you see graphic defects, reduce the overclock. From my experience, the "detect optimal frequencies" button seems to work fine.

TRENDING THREADS