How long to wait after making changes ???

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 1, 2004 6:20:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

After making a change to Group Policym how long should it be before I see
the change at the workstation?

Specifically, I have an OU for SUS. The OU contains computers, not users. I
am made a couple of changes to the policy but they arent showing up on the
workstations yet? Dont know if I have a problem with the policy or if there
is just some amount of time that has to pass before policies go out.

I am in a Small Business Server 2000 domain.

TIA,

Chad

More about : long wait making

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 6:20:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

See:
Using SECEDIT to Force a Group Policy Refresh Immediately
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;227302&Product=win2000

and
How to modify the default group policy refresh interval
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;203607&Product=win2000

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Chad A. Smith" <chad.smith@nospam.condley.com> wrote in message
> After making a change to Group Policym how long should it be before I see
> the change at the workstation?
>
> Specifically, I have an OU for SUS. The OU contains computers, not users.
> am made a couple of changes to the policy but they arent showing up on the
> workstations yet? Dont know if I have a problem with the policy or if
there
> is just some amount of time that has to pass before policies go out.
>
> I am in a Small Business Server 2000 domain.
>
> TIA,
>
> Chad

Anonymous
September 2, 2004 3:52:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

I deleted the GPO and moved the computers back to their original OU. Then I
deleted the new OU.

Now its almost 3 hours later and the workstation still shows the old GPO
applied.

Any ideas? gpresult below.

RSOP results for CONDLEY\csmith on B64KT31 : Logging Mode

OS Type: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Configuration: Member Workstation
OS Version: 5.1.2600
Domain Name: CONDLEY
Domain Type: Windows 2000
Site Name: Default-First-Site-Name
Roaming Profile:
Local Profile: C:\Documents and Settings\csmith.CONDLEY
Connected over a slow link?: No

COMPUTER SETTINGS
------------------
CN=B64KT31,CN=Computers,DC=condley,DC=local
Last time Group Policy was applied: 9/2/2004 at 11:31:11 AM
Group Policy was applied from: win2kserver.condley.local
Group Policy slow link threshold: 500 kbps

Applied Group Policy Objects
-----------------------------
Automatic Updates Settings
Local Group Policy

The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out
Default Domain Policy
Filtering: Not Applied (Unknown Reason)

The computer is a part of the following security groups:
BUILTIN\Administrators
Everyone
BUILTIN\Users
B64KT31$