Configure a GPO (machine/user) for a specific computer

Hi,

On my network (2003 server and XP computer), I have configured GPO to
activate some parameters in computer and user environment.

But some computer are shared. On these computers, I don't want to applied
user configuration GPO. For example, if an user logged on his computer,
password is set for savescreen. If the same user logged on a shared computer,
password is not set for savescreen.

Can I do that? If yes, How?
1 answer Last reply
More about configure machine user specific computer

    Hi

    You're talking about user policy which is being applied to the user account
    and is independant of the computer account. ie the user settings follow the
    user.

    To overcome this you could use a separate OU for the shared computers and
    create a GPO that has the same computer settings as the original GPO but no
    user settings. You'd then set policy loopback:

    231287 Loopback Processing of Group Policy
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287

    Kind regards
    --
    Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    Windows Platform Support Team

    "Richard Lapointe" <Richard Lapointe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:3E78EF49-5FB4-48E5-8A41-2C28445F838B@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > On my network (2003 server and XP computer), I have configured GPO to
    > activate some parameters in computer and user environment.
    >
    > But some computer are shared. On these computers, I don't want to applied
    > user configuration GPO. For example, if an user logged on his computer,
    > password is set for savescreen. If the same user logged on a shared
    > computer,
    > password is not set for savescreen.
    >
    > Can I do that? If yes, How?

Computers Configuration Microsoft Windows