Mandatory Screen saver

I have a win2k server with Ad. I am trying to use GP to setup a mandatory
password protected Screen saver for all win2k and XP clients. All steps seems
straight forward with the exception of how you set the same pw for all users.
I can't find any info on setting the pw on the screen saver using GP.
I know one of you have know this one
Thanks in advance
Ron P

Ron,

When using a Domain, the "password" used for the screensaver is usually
the Users own DOMAIN logon/password, unless the screensaver is written
specifically to use a seperate password. Which screensaver is it?

Ron P wrote:

> I have a win2k server with Ad. I am trying to use GP to setup a mandatory
> password protected Screen saver for all win2k and XP clients. All steps seems
> straight forward with the exception of how you set the same pw for all users.
> I can't find any info on setting the pw on the screen saver using GP.
> I know one of you have know this one
> Thanks in advance
> Ron P

SSStars.scr in the default Win\systm\32 directory. Both XP and w2k have it by
default.
Thank you

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" wrote:

> Ron,
>
> When using a Domain, the "password" used for the screensaver is usually
> the Users own DOMAIN logon/password, unless the screensaver is written
> specifically to use a seperate password. Which screensaver is it?
>

> Ron P wrote:
>
> > I have a win2k server with Ad. I am trying to use GP to setup a mandatory
> > password protected Screen saver for all win2k and XP clients. All steps seems
> > straight forward with the exception of how you set the same pw for all users.
> > I can't find any info on setting the pw on the screen saver using GP.
> > I know one of you have know this one
> > Thanks in advance
> > Ron P

Mike

Splendid

Ron,

Adrian is correct. When you apply the GPO and the screen
saver starts it will be password protected using the
signed on users userid and password. Only that userid or
and administrator will be able to unlock the machine.

Mike

Thanks guys
You both nailed it down, appreciate the help!