Policy applying, but software not installing

I am trying to push O2k3 as an MSI with a transform via
group policy assigned to pc's (users do not have enough
rights to install the software). Through GPResult, i can
see that another setting in the policy is being applied,
but the software never installs. When I look at the
policy, the application has a yellow lock on the name.
What am I missing? The event log on the test machine says
the security policy was applied successfully.
1 answer Last reply
More about policy applying software installing

    circa Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:11:24 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy, JasonB (jason@kimandjason.net)
    said,
    > I am trying to push O2k3 as an MSI with a transform via
    > group policy assigned to pc's (users do not have enough
    > rights to install the software). Through GPResult, i can
    > see that another setting in the policy is being applied,
    > but the software never installs. When I look at the
    > policy, the application has a yellow lock on the name.
    > What am I missing? The event log on the test machine says
    > the security policy was applied successfully.

    Do the computers have permission to read the share where the
    installation files are located?

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

Policy Microsoft Software Windows