Group Policy not working

Hi
I have an OU based GPO that doesn't seem to work for newly
created accounts. It does work for existing accounts and
if I move my account to an OU with a GPO attached to it
the GPO get's processed and I see the restrictions. When I
run GPresult, I can see the policy being applied.
However when I crat a new account and logon onto a server
with that account, the policy is not working.
All existing accounts are OK, but not with new accounts.
I have also applied a restriction to the default domain
controller policy has this gets processed on GPresult,
logged in as the new user and still it doesn't process the
change I made even though the policy is reported processed
in GPresult.
Any ideas anyone?
3 answers Last reply
More about group policy working

    Removing shuting down key and deny mmc snap-ins. They work
    already for existing users but any new user I create in
    that OU where the GPO is linked, the GPO isn't working for
    them

    (that do not work) ?

    >--
    >Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru]
    >MVP: Windows Server - Active Directory
    >

    > "Stefan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message

    > Hi
    > I have an OU based GPO that doesn't seem to work for
    newly
    > created accounts. It does work for existing accounts and
    > if I move my account to an OU with a GPO attached to it
    > the GPO get's processed and I see the restrictions.
    When I
    > run GPresult, I can see the policy being applied.
    > However when I crat a new account and logon onto a
    server
    > with that account, the policy is not working.
    > All existing accounts are OK, but not with new accounts.
    > I have also applied a restriction to the default domain
    > controller policy has this gets processed on GPresult,
    > logged in as the new user and still it doesn't process
    the
    > change I made even though the policy is reported
    processed
    > in GPresult.
    > Any ideas anyone?

    Sorted this after much testing in lab,...no thanks to you
    so called MVP's,...this newsgroup (especially this one) is
    getting worse,.

    Stefan-
    I hope you're not upset because you didn't get a response within a specific
    period of time on a day which is a national holiday in the US. That's not to
    say that all the folks that lurk here are US-based, but there is certainly a
    drop off in traffic today. Also, when I last checked, the folks here, MVPs
    or not, are giving their own time freely and provide a best effort to help
    everyone that posts. I don't believe anyone has signed on to provide you or
    anyone else a specific SLA, so its a bit rude to expect one. How about
    posting what you did to fix your problem so that everyone benefits?

    Thanks, and we all hope you'll keep posting.

    --
    Darren Mar-Elia
    MS-MVP-Windows Management

    > Sorted this after much testing in lab,...no thanks to you
    > so called MVP's,...this newsgroup (especially this one) is
    > getting worse,.

Policy Microsoft Windows