Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Different rights for admin

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 7, 2004 9:08:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

There are computers and users in one OU. The users should access only
these computers. There is a linked GPO with restrictions for useres
and computers settings for this OU.

Now: The admin (outside of the OU) should access these computers w/o
the GPO applied.

I tried much, but whereever I luck to get GPO applied to OU users, it
applies also to admin user. Denying Aply Policy rights for admin
doesn't prevent admin to get the GPO aplied.

Any help?


Greg

More about : rights admin

September 7, 2004 3:05:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Move the Admin user outside of OU
>-----Original Message-----
>There are computers and users in one OU. The users should
access only
>these computers. There is a linked GPO with restrictions
for useres
>and computers settings for this OU.
>
>Now: The admin (outside of the OU) should access these
computers w/o
>the GPO applied.
>
>I tried much, but whereever I luck to get GPO applied to
OU users, it
>applies also to admin user. Denying Aply Policy rights
for admin
>doesn't prevent admin to get the GPO aplied.
>
>Any help?
>
>
>Greg
>.
>
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 3:09:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Greg,

It seems your getting computer settings in the GPO applied
to Admin also.

If you have applied settings on Computer, it will be
applied to all users logging into the computer.

Cheers..
Bhalchandra
>-----Original Message-----
>There are computers and users in one OU. The users should
access only
>these computers. There is a linked GPO with restrictions
for useres
>and computers settings for this OU.
>
>Now: The admin (outside of the OU) should access these
computers w/o
>the GPO applied.
>
>I tried much, but whereever I luck to get GPO applied to
OU users, it
>applies also to admin user. Denying Aply Policy rights
for admin
>doesn't prevent admin to get the GPO aplied.
>
>Any help?
>
>
>Greg
>.
>
Related resources
September 8, 2004 1:44:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Admin IS outside of OU.

Greg

> Move the Admin user outside of OU
> >-----Original Message-----
> >There are computers and users in one OU. The users should
> access only
> >these computers. There is a linked GPO with restrictions
> for useres
> >and computers settings for this OU.
> >
> >Now: The admin (outside of the OU) should access these
> computers w/o
> >the GPO applied.
> >
> >I tried much, but whereever I luck to get GPO applied to
> OU users, it
> >applies also to admin user. Denying Aply Policy rights
> for admin
> >doesn't prevent admin to get the GPO aplied.
> >
> >Any help?
> >
> >
> >Greg
> >.
> >
September 8, 2004 1:46:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

> It seems your getting computer settings in the GPO applied
> to Admin also.
>
> If you have applied settings on Computer, it will be
> applied to all users logging into the computer.

That is something that I want to avoid. I need to restrict some computers
settings for users, but not get GPO aplied to Admin.
Could it be done by loopback? But how exactly?

Greg
!