RB

It all started when my flat screen monitor failed a couple days ago.
Fortunately, I was able to put an old spare CRT monitor in use as a temp
substitute.

The first prolem I had was that the Windows screen images were a little
smaller than available CRT screen space.

So, I got that taken care of.

Now, some of my other windows (like Notepad, for instance, open with the
right side off screen, and dragging the left side only widens the image, but
doesn't move the offscreen part to where I can see or get to the little
control boxes in the upper right corner, or the scroll button. The only way
I can terminate them is by using Control/Alt/Delete.

So, how do I get these kinds of screens to center or move over to where I
can control them?

Change your resolution for one....

"RB" <rbig@bellsouth.nosopam.net> wrote in message
> It all started when my flat screen monitor failed a couple days ago.
> Fortunately, I was able to put an old spare CRT monitor in use as a temp
> substitute.
>
> The first prolem I had was that the Windows screen images were a little
> smaller than available CRT screen space.
>
> So, I got that taken care of.
>
> Now, some of my other windows (like Notepad, for instance, open with the
> right side off screen, and dragging the left side only widens the image,
> but
> doesn't move the offscreen part to where I can see or get to the little
> control boxes in the upper right corner, or the scroll button. The only
> way
> I can terminate them is by using Control/Alt/Delete.
>
> So, how do I get these kinds of screens to center or move over to where I
> can control them?

RB

When I change screen resolution to where Notepad and some of the other
secondary windows are over to where I can control them, the big screen image
is smaller than the montior CRT.

I need some way of manipulating both independently of each other.

its more then likely the monitor is unable to handle high resolutions......

> When I change screen resolution to where Notepad and some of the other
> secondary windows are over to where I can control them, the big screen
> image
> is smaller than the montior CRT.
>
> I need some way of manipulating both independently of each other.

You may have already done this but just in case, download
and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer of
the monitor.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:09:27 -0600, RB wrote:

> It all started when my flat screen monitor failed a couple days ago.
> Fortunately, I was able to put an old spare CRT monitor in use as a temp
> substitute.
>
> The first prolem I had was that the Windows screen images were a little
> smaller than available CRT screen space.
>
> So, I got that taken care of.
>
> Now, some of my other windows (like Notepad, for instance, open with the
> right side off screen, and dragging the left side only widens the image, but
> doesn't move the offscreen part to where I can see or get to the little
> control boxes in the upper right corner, or the scroll button. The only way
> I can terminate them is by using Control/Alt/Delete.
>
> So, how do I get these kinds of screens to center or move over to where I
> can control them?

The monitor needs adjusting to pull that right side into your line of view.
Use the buttons and menus on the monitor to do this.

Another suggestion to try: With a mis-sized window on the screen, right
click the taskbar and select Cascade. Then close the window. This will
reset remembered window sizes back to default dimensions. Open the file
again and try maximize. If the window now fits properly, repeat the steps
for other windows with the same problem. If on the other hand, you again
lose the right hand edge, you're back to a setting for the monitor that
needs adjusting.

Someone suggested getting the driver for the monitor. Monitors use INF
files that give some basic information about their display capabilities. So
using the right INF file *might* help but if it doesn't, try reinstalling
the display driver or do some more experimenting with settings that fall
within the capability ranges of both the monitor and the display adapter.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User