gpo to limit logons?

I can't find anything, so I thought that I would ask.

I'm trying to limit simultaneous logons to the network. This would be to
prevent users from using the same logon name (sort of, at least at the same
time :).

Also, is there a GPO setting that would only allow users to save files in
the "My Documents" folder, instead of anywhere on the hard drive?

Thanks for reading,

cconnect.exe in Windows Server Reskit.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Dustin K" <dustin@impark.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I can't find anything, so I thought that I would ask.
>
> I'm trying to limit simultaneous logons to the network. This would be to
> prevent users from using the same logon name (sort of, at least at the
> same
> time :).
>
> Also, is there a GPO setting that would only allow users to save files in
> the "My Documents" folder, instead of anywhere on the hard drive?
>
> Thanks for reading,

thanks

I'll check it out.

dustin

Dustin K wrote:

> I can't find anything, so I thought that I would ask.
>
> I'm trying to limit simultaneous logons to the network. This would be to
> prevent users from using the same logon name (sort of, at least at the same
> time :).

Nothing builtin that can help you here I'm afraid.

The UserLock product in the link below is an option
http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/display.asp?p=42

Microsoft's solution:

You could install the CCONNECT Microsoft Resource Kit utility onto every
computer, it is in the Win2k Server Resource Kit, Supplement 1 (pay ware, and
you will need a SQL server database as well).

More about CCONNECT here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F5CE888.8A3EE8D3%40hydro.com

Here is a third option you might get to work:

Tip 296 at http://www.jsiinc.com/

0296 » A better way to prevent a user from logging on more than once.
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0200/rh0296.htm

> Also, is there a GPO setting that would only allow users to save files in
> the "My Documents" folder, instead of anywhere on the hard drive?

Not as far as I know.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: